May 3, 2019
Hello everyone! Happy May! There are some fun things happening this weekend to get you in the summer spirit and for once the weather is cooperating! Here is what Steve Shannon and I discussed this morning on KQFC.
1. The 1st Annual Taco Fest Bar Crawl....Food crawl meets bar crawl that turns into an epic Cinco de Mayo weekend party. This Saturday, May 4th, from 11 to 5 pm...A 21 and older event. Stroll thru participating bars eating tacos, sipping margaritas and dancing! Sounds like a great way to enjoy the Cinco de Mayo weekend. Information can be found at AllEvents.
2. This Saturday and Sunday the Indigo Art Festival is happening at Storey Park in Meridian. Come celebrate the arts and help spread mental health awareness. This is an all ages event and its FREE. Enjoy a variety of workshops, kids art activities, food, live music and over 60 vendors. What a great way to enjoy the arts and help out a good cause.
3. Now for some fun to get the blood moving and to benefit a cause of your choice, check out the Bubble Balls Pick Your Cause Tournament at Expo Idaho Saturday from 11 to 4. There are adult and youth divisions and bubbles to fit all sizes. Only $20 a person and you can pledge to the cause of your choice. A fun event for everyone to get outside and enjoy this great weather and you get to help a cause that means something to YOU!
4. Moms...grab your Avengers and join Chick-Fil-A at the Village in Meridian for Mother/Son Date Knight Saturday night. Enjoy a date night meal, a photo booth and even a limo ride. Seating times at 5, 6 and 7. If you can't make it this Saturday, don't fret....they will be doing this event again next Saturday, May 11th. Contact the Village Chick-Fil-A for more information.
5. How about a great adventure into the past. Visit Eagle Island State Park this Saturday from 9 to 4. They will take you back in history to the American Civil War. This is a Living History Event set in the 1860s. There will be cannon and musket firing demostrations, living history presentations, and military and civilian stations. A family friendly event and only $5. Sounds fun and helps support Idaho Parks and Recreation. Enjoy the weather and a little bit of history!
6. Let's also remember the Paw Patrol Live Pirate Adventure at the Ford Idaho Center Saturday and Sunday. This is an all ages family event that has all Paws on deck to help the Paw Patrol decipher a treasure map and save the day. What a great way to enjoy some family time!
*** BucketList Adventure this Week ***
The first weekend in May every year starts off rodeo season with a BANG at the Riggins Rodeo. Only 3 hours outside of Boise, its a great day trip or spend the whole weekend. You can enjoy not only the rodeo, but there is some fantastic fishing up there and the weather is definitely cooperating this weekend! I am a Riggins Rodeo regular and it is always a wild time. Not really a kids event, but well worth the drive for some real Idaho fun! Check out details here for more information.
Have a great week Boise! Happy Cinco de Mayo!