April 19, 2019
Happy Easter Weekend Everyone! I missed everyone last week, but Steve Shannon was occupied with Country Stomp so we couldn't get the show in. We are back this week and can't wait to share all the fun things going on! To start things off and keep to the theme that has the big eared guy hopping into town this Sunday, here are two super fun Easter Egg Hunts that caught my eye!
1. Tomorrow afternoon Cabelas is having a FREE Easter Event. The Easter Bunny will be making an appearence and there will be giveaways and fun crafts for the kiddos to do. The Egg Hunt starts at 2 with sign-ups at 1:30. Sounds like a fun way to let the kiddos get their egg fix and pick up some new camping supplies for your BucketList adventures!
2. For a unique twist to the traditional Egg Hunt, kids from 13 to 17 should head over to the Nampa Rec Center tomorrow night for their Flashlight Egg Hunt. Bring your own flashlight to look for Easter Eggs in the dark! The hunt starts at 9 pm and the cost is only $3 - all of which goes to support the Nampa Rec Department. We definitely need an adult version of this!
Now for those of us looking for something a little more out of the Easter box, this weekend will not disappoint!
3. Boise State is holding their 26th Annual Seven Arrows Powwow Saturday and Sunday. this is two days worth of sone, dance, storytelling, and demonstrations that feature the high energy performances and full regalia pagentry that really highlights the Native American culture. There will also be vendors selling traditional crafts and original art work. This is a beautiful event and not one to be missed.
4. For anyone wanting to get outdoors and enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend we have some great events to get you started and out enjoying the sun....Saturday starting at 1030 am, join in the Boise River Clean Up with Idaho Rivers. They will be meeting on the Greenbelt behind Katherine Albertson Park and working down both sides of the Boise river. What a great way to enjoy the outdoors and give back to the community at the same time.
5. Another great way to support Boise's community programs and get your sun fix is the Boise City Department of Arts and History's kick off Public Art Walking Tour. This is a two hour tour that explores the public art collection of downtown Boise. It begins and ends on the Capitol Blvd Plaza at City Hall Saturday at 10 am. It is FREE and open to the public. If you can't make it Saturday, don't worry. There will be a tour every two weeks through the summer.
6. It's warmer weather peeps, you know what that means...time for the races! This weekend kicks off the Sprint Car Opener at Meridian Speedway. Saturday night gates open at 445 pm. They have got the Speed Tour Regional Sprint Cars. Its fun for the whole family. Tickets are $12 and under. You can even grab dinner while there! Sounds like a great time!
7. Now, for some adult entertainment this weekend, get over to the Best of Boise Bloody Mary Mix Off. Saturday afternoon beside Bardeneys in Boise sample some of the best Bloody Marys in the Valley and help determine who is the Best of Boise. There will be appetizers and raffle prizes. All proceeds go to benefit the National Hemophilia Foundation. I love a good Bloody Mary so I will have to check this out!
*** BucketList Adventures this Week ***
For this weeks adventure I would like to suggest a road trip! Head over to Hagerman and visit the Hagerman Horse. They have the largest sample ever uncovered of a unique horse fossil. It is truly amazing! I went there myself and had an amazing time. You can check out all the details and learn about my trip here.
This is a great family day trip. The kids will learn a lot at the visitor's center where they can view the fossils up close and the whole family will enjoy exploring the fossil beds. Check it out! ...And be sure to let me know all about your adventures!
Have a great Easter! I will be talking to you next week. Be sure to tune into KQFC on Friday mornings between 7:45 and 8:15 to hear Steve Shannon and I giving you more great adventures!