April 5, 2019
Hello Boise! I apologize for the gap in postings recently. Adventures have kept me busy and this has resulted in my inability to keep my friends updated on my adventures. However, be assured....we are back on track and stepping forward in our Adventures together! Hopefully you have been keeping up on my radio show on KQFC and haven't missed the incredibly fun events going on in the past few weeks. In fact, Steven Shannon and I were just discussing this weekend's fun adventures this morning. Join us!
1. The King Cole Circus is back in town. This year they celebrate the Golden Era of the American Circus. There will be clowns, animals (including dancing horses), a high wire sky walk and acrobats direct from America's Got Talent. There is even an expanded Kid's Fun Zone before the show. It's all happening at Expo Idaho on Saturday from 130 to 730.
2. Tomorrow is also Spring Fling time at the OConnor Field House in Caldwell. This is a FREE event for the whole family. There will be a scavenger hunt for all ages, a superhero and pricesses meet and greet, a reptile interactive show, Idaho Rhythm School of Music and Dance will be performing, and LOTS MORE!
It's all happening tomorrow from 9 to 5. Sounds like a great way for the family to spend a rainy afternoon.
This year's theme is Star Wars and the Prom is from 6 to 930 pm. Formal Wear is provided by the Shine! Boutique at NO CHARGE. This is a FREE EVENT.
4. Now, a great date night idea...
This is an over 21 show that combines pole, aerial hoop and silkes, with tap dance, contemporary dance and jazz-funk to bring you a one of a kind performance. The show is at the Ophidia Studio here in Boise and all proceeds go directly to the performance group. I've heard they give a fantastic show!
5. Last but certainly not least...Have you seen the Idaho Horsemen play? They are Idaho's professional indoor football team.
They are playing the Tri-Cities Fire this Sunday at the Ford Idaho Center. Currently they are 2 and 0 for this season and this should be a very close game. The game starts at 5 and tickets start at just $12. Head out and support your Idaho team and enjoy spring football at it's best!
*** BucketList Adventures this Week ***
I have two adventures for you this week as a treat for your patience! Enjoy!
1. This Adventure is right here in Boise. If you haven't been to the Aquarium of Boise, you have to check it out. I took the g-babies there this week and had so much fun! I can't wait to go back!
They have over 250 species of animals and marine life including sharks, reptiles, birds, and coral exhibits. My favorite part....Ask me please...the RAY POOLS! If you have never fed baby sting (they dont sting you) rays, you abolutely HAVE to. They are adorable and what an experience! They come right up to you and eat right out of your hands. And they love the two finger touch! I couldn't leave! It was amazing just to be able to reach out and touch them.
There are also shark pools and other fish giving you a real hands on experience. Nathan Hall and Mike Rosales have done an incredible job bringing this experience to all of us here in Boise.
Address: 64 N. Cole Rd / Boise Phone: 208-375-1932
Hours: Monday - Saturday 10 am to 5 pm / Sunday 12 to 5 pm
Cost: $10.95 for Adults / $4.95 for Childern / Group rates are available
They are a non-profit so all proceeds go right back into the Aquarium. As a parent I can apprecite them bringing something new for our children here in Idaho to learn about. I love how they open kids' imagination and potential. Thank you Nathan Hall and Mike Rosales!!
2. The World Center for Birds of Prey here in Boise is the headquarters for the Peregrine Fund, a Non-Profit that conserves endangered raptors around the World. If you have never been there, I encourage you to go.
It has a top notch indoor and outdoor education cneter where the whole family can meet eagles, owls, hawks and falcons from around the World. They have a hands on Discovery Room for engaging young visitors, indoor exhibits, a trail that allows you to view wild raptors and a Grand Canyon inspired habitat for California Condors.
Address: 5668 W. Flying Hawk Ln. / Boise Phone: 208-362-8687
Hours: Tuesday thru Sunday 10 am to 5 pm
Cost: $10 Adults / $8 Seniors (62+) / $5 Children 4-16 / Under 4 FREE
All proceeds go to the continued conservation efforts. Its a great day trip for all ages!
Have a great week Friends! Be sure to tune in next Friday on KQFC between 745 am and 815 am to hear me on the radio and check out details right here!