January 18, 2019 - KQFC
What a blustery week we have had! If you got stuck in the house all week thanks to the weather, you are probably like me and looking forward to something fun to do this weekend. I've got you!
1. The Buddy Holly Story in Concert is live in the Riverside Hotel Sapphire Room this Saturday and Sunday. If you love old rock n roll, this is the place to be. The show starts at 7:30 and is family friendly. Zachery Stevenson will be doing Buddy Holly and I have heard it is fantastic! Tickets are $32 online or $35 at the door.
2. Now, if you are looking for something to get you excited about summer and forget about the cold, head over to the Egyptian Theatre tonight and check out Filmed by Bike. It is a showing of the best bike movies filmed all over the state. It is a benefit for the Idaho Walk Bike Alliance and you will see some incredible biking tours of Idaho's backcountry. Tickets are only $15 advance or $20 at the door. It's a great way to see more of Idaho and help out a worthy cause.
3. If the kids are looking for something interactive to do, the Boise Co-op at the Village is hosting a Cooking with Kids Super Soups Cooking Class. They will be teaching kids to prepare 2 different simple but nourishing soups that they will love to eat and prepare themselves. It's a great opportunity for kids to learn and have fun. The class is tomorrow starting at 10 am. The cost is $17, but adults are FREE with each kid's registration. Be sure to check out their other classes while you are there!
4. If you want to brave the weather, Indian Creek Plaza in Caldwell has a Skate and a Movie event also tomorrow. They will be playing a movie in the plaza all day so you can skate and enjoy the movie at the same time.
5. If you are looking to get out of town tomorrow you might want to head up to Coeur d'Alene's Mac N Cheese Festival. You heard me right! An entire festival dedicated to celebrating America's favorite comfort food. There will be a variety of mac n cheese dishes for you to sample and the chefs will be competing for the Golden Noodle Award. It starts at noon and runs until 6. Yummy!
6. Or you can head south out of Boise and bundle up for Pocatello's Potato Cup Pursuit Ski Race. Starts tomorrow at 10 am and proceeds go to benefit the Pocatello Cross Country Ski Foundation. There will be a raffle with a ton of great prizes and you can check out some incredible skiing. Just be sure to stay warm!
Its going to be a fun weekend! Enjoy!