December 6, 2018 - KQFC
Hello Everyone! Welcome to December! There are so many fun things to do this week...I had a hard time highlighting just a few. I picked out ones I think you will love! Here what I have for you...
1. This Saturday starting at 9 am, experience a BRAND NEW Holiday Event! Wahooz Event Center in Meridian is hosting the Cookie Bear Pancake Breakfast and Gingerbread Festival. This candyland themed festival includes: Breakfast, Cookie and Ornament Decorating, Storytelling, Games, Prizes and more. PLUS....with your $15 admission you get a FREE $10 Wahooz attraction pass. Sounds like tons of fun!
2. If for some reason Saturday mornings are difficult for you (like they are for me), you are in luck! Head on over to the Nampa Recreation Center from noon to 2 pm this Satuday for Santa's Workshop! For ages 3 to 12 for $6 you can play games, make holiday crafts, decorate cookies AND see SANTA!
3. Now, if you are looking for a fun date night, this Thursday (December 6) from 6 to 9 pm, Boise Art Glass is holding an Ornament Making Class at their studio. There will be live music, snacks and wine tasting! Woohoo! I'm interested in seeing those ornaments made after the wine tasting! These are 30 minute classes and the cost is only $40. Be sure to contact them for other available classes if you can't make this one.
4. For a great family date night suggestion....Mondays until the end of December, Solid (over in BODO) is hosting a Swing Dancing Vintage Night. Learn the Charleston, Lindy Hop and lots of other vintage dances all to Big Band Music! Class starts at 8 pm. All ages are welcome so bring the whole family and after the kids learn some new moves they can show off to Grandma and Grandpa during Christmas dinner!
5. Finally...if you love Christmas Lights and want to see them in style I have the perfect idea for you! Showcase Limousine is offering a Christmas Lights Tour Package. This is a 90 minute Christmas Lights Tour with Red Carpet treatment, Christmas music, hot cider, cookies and even a crackling TV fire! Contact them for for information. Its a great way to enjoy Boise during the holidays!
Have a great week! I'll be talking to you next week with Steve Shannon on KQFC!